For as long as we’ve been creating content like books, toys, and posters, we’ve had requests for custom work. We enjoy carving out as much time as possible for these projects. Collaborating with people to create items that meet their needs is an enjoyable process. Sometimes custom means making a small tweak to an existing product. Other times, it means working closely with the client to design something completely new.
Past projects include:
- Custom versions of our self-published books.
- Custom versions of our toys to fit a special design or aesthetic.
- Customized and/or branded versions of our posters
- Postcard versions of our posters for marketing campaigns.
- Creating play packs full of our toys for special projects.
- Custom classroom play materials and furnishings.
- Custom playground equipment.
- Consulting on the development of web-based trainings.
- Consulting with programs dealing with caregiver stress and burnout.
- Visiting/consulting with family child care programs to share play ideas.
- Consulting on presentation slide and content design.
- Consulting on program design and policies.
We work on custom projects as time allow. While we will do our best to work projects into the schedule, we’d appreciate as much lead time as possible for custom work.
Below are some custom projects we’ve completed:
Custom Work FAQ
That’s a complicated question. Production time depends on our schedule, the scope of the project, how long it takes to source materials, and other variables. We work hard to finish projects quickly. It’s best to contact us well in advance if you’re on a tight timeline. We can also provide a realistic timeline once we have worked out details of a project.
We ship smaller items through USPS priority mail and larger items via UPS. In some cases, it is most cost effective to deliver items to your location. We can also arrange to have items picked up at our location.
We work as cooperatively as possible with customers on the design of custom work. This looks different from project to project, but usually includes lots of email conversations, the sharing of inspirational photos, a prototype or two, and then final production. Some clients have clear ideas of what they want and others want us to take the lead in the design process.
That depends on the project. We calculate cost based on materials, shipping, and our time. An item that’s a slight variation of one of our existing products will be less expensive than something we are designing and building from scratch. Shipping can be a huge chunk of the cost for large and heavy items.
Yes, we can. We can add logos, names, contact information, and more.
Yes, we can. We can work around your theme and budget to come up with ideas that best fit your event.
It starts with our contact form–reach out and let us know what you’re thinking about with as much detail as possible. We’ll get back to you with answers to your questions and probably more questions of our own. Then we’ll work together to finalize the scope of the project. If you decide to move ahead to production, we will work out final details, send an invoice via PayPal and start the build.