Minimalist Doll #0002
dolls are intended to serve as blank-slate play props. Through play,
children can implant personality, imagine facial expressions, and create
character. We wanted to create a doll that served as a blank slate for
children to tell their own play stories. A doll that came with no
prepackaged backstory or fixed features. A doll as flexible, engaging,
and open-ended as an empty cardboard box.
These heirloom quality dolls are handmade of 100% cotton fabric and are either filled with wool or poly fill.
Want a Minimalist Doll in fabric you select? Contact us and we can discuss a custom build.
- The body, arms & legs are all straight & zigzag stitched.
- The arms & legs are stuffed & sewn shut separately from the body.
- The arms are triple-stitched seamed to the body for durability.
- The legs are double-stitched seamed to the body for durability.
- Each doll is hand & machine crafted.
- Dolls are cleaned after being made to remove sew markings--poly filled dolls are machined washed & dried while wool filled dolls are spot cleaned.
- Dolls are made in a smoke-free home.
Spot Cleaning Your Cotton Or Poly Filled Doll
cleaning is recommended for both cotton filled & poly filled dolls.
It extends their life & helps them keep their shape.
First, use a clean rag, or a soft bristle brush, to remove loose particles.
Then, dip the rag or brush into warm water & blot/rub spot gently.
If soap is needed, dip your rag or brush into a mild soap and gently rub the stain in a circular motion until the stain fads.
Wipe off soap residue.
Allow to air dry.
Washing Your Poly Filled Doll
Machine wash with cold water on a gentle cycle. Machine
dry on a low to warm setting for 30-50 mins. Times will vary depending
on your dryer. The poly fill may not be totally dry after this. If so,
let your doll finish air drying.
Washing Your Wool Filled Doll
Hand washing wool filled dolls is recommended. Fill
a sink or a container with lukewarm water and add a mild soap.
Place the doll in the water & gently bathe. Roll the washed doll in
towel & gently squeeze to remove excess water. Do not wring. Let the
doll air dry.
If you decide to machine wash your wool filled doll, use the wool setting and do not spin-dry. Then let the doll air dry.
- When washing your doll with other items, place it in a mesh dedicates bag for washing and drying so its arms and legs do not become entangled.
- When machine drying for the first time, always err on a shorter time and cooler setting. Then adjust from there.
- Remember not all stains come out but they will fade. They just add to the doll's story.